You need the best camp coolers for your next adventure
Camping is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. However, using one of our best coolers for camping choices for your food and drinks cold can be a challenge, especially when you’re in the middle of nowhere.
That’s where coolers for camping come in. These coolers are designed to keep your food and drinks cold for an extended period of time, making them a must-have for any camping trip.
After researching and testing various coolers for camping, we’ve identified the best options for your next camping trip.
Best Coolers for Camping
When it comes to camping, one essential item that you cannot overlook is buying the best camp coolers. Whether you’re planning a weekend camping trip or a week-long adventure, a good cooler will keep your food and drinks fresh and chilled.
With so many coolers on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best coolers for camping. Our team has researched and tested various coolers to bring you the top picks that are durable, spacious, and can keep your food and drinks cold for days.
Check This Out: Best Camping Products
Check out our roundup below to find the perfect cooler for your next camping trip.
If you’re looking for a cooler that can hold a lot of drinks and food and keep them cold for an extended period, then the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler is a great option.
- The TempLock FX Insulation throughout the cooler delivers multiday ice retention, so you don’t have to worry about your food and drinks getting warm.
- The heavy-duty wheels and easy-tow handle make it easy to transport, even when it’s fully loaded.
- The 316 Series is made with 15% less plastic than comparable Coleman coolers, making it a more eco-friendly option.
- The tethered drain plug can be difficult to remove, which can be frustrating when you need to drain the cooler.
- The cup holders are shallow, which can cause drinks to tip over in a light breeze.
- The lid doesn’t stay open on its own, which can make it challenging to access the contents of the cooler.
We recently took the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler on a weekend camping trip, and it performed exceptionally well. The heavy-duty wheels and easy-tow handle made it a breeze to transport from the car to the campsite, even over rough terrain.
We were impressed with how long the ice lasted in the cooler, even in the hot summer heat. The stain-resistant liner and EZ-Clean lid made cleaning up a breeze, and we appreciated the sturdy Have-A-Seat Lid that supported up to 250 lbs.
However, we did have a few minor issues with the cooler. The tethered drain plug was challenging to remove, which made it frustrating to drain the cooler when we needed to. We also found that the cup holders were shallow, which caused drinks to tip over in a light breeze. Finally, the lid doesn’t stay open on its own, which made it challenging to access the contents of the cooler.
Overall, we would highly recommend the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler to anyone looking for a high-capacity cooler that can keep food and drinks cold for an extended period. It’s durable, easy to transport, and eco-friendly, making it an excellent choice for camping trips, beach days, or any other outdoor adventure.
If you’re looking for a cooler that is lightweight, durable, and keeps ice frozen for a long time, the Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler is a great choice.
- The t-grip latch system is sturdy and easy to use, making it simple to access your food and drinks.
- The heavy-duty construction of the cooler ensures that it can withstand rough handling and keep your food and drinks safe.
- The cooler is lightweight, which makes it easy to transport and perfect for camping, fishing, tailgating, and other outdoor activities.
- The rubber closures can be a little difficult to get used to, but they provide a solid latch.
- It’s a little hard to open quickly and then re-latch.
- It’s not as big as some other coolers on the market, so it may not be the best choice for larger groups.
We recently took the Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler on a camping trip, and we were impressed with how well it kept our food and drinks cold. The t-grip latch system was easy to use, and the heavy-duty construction of the cooler ensured that it could withstand rough handling. The cooler is also lightweight, which made it easy to transport to our campsite.
One thing we did notice was that the rubber closures took a little getting used to, but they provided a solid latch. It was also a little hard to open quickly and then re-latch, but this wasn’t a major issue for us.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler to anyone looking for a lightweight, durable cooler that can keep ice frozen for a long time. It’s a great choice for camping, fishing, tailgating, and other outdoor activities.
If you’re looking for a cooler that can keep your drinks and food cold for up to 5 days, then the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler is a great option.
- The fully insulated lid and body are designed to keep the ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F, making it perfect for extended camping trips.
- The swing-up handles make it easy to carry and lift, even when it’s fully loaded with up to 100 cans.
- The Have-A-Seat lid can support up to 250 lb and provides a convenient place to sit while you’re enjoying the great outdoors.
- The cup holders molded into the lid are a bit shallow, so larger cups and bottles may not fit securely.
- The friction fit lid can be a bit difficult to close securely, especially when the cooler is fully loaded.
We recently took the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler on a camping trip, and we were impressed with its performance. The cooler easily kept our drinks and food cold for the entire trip, even in the hot summer weather.
The swing-up handles made it easy to carry, and the Have-A-Seat lid was a great feature that we used frequently. The molded cup holders were a nice touch, but we did find that they were a bit shallow for larger cups and bottles.
One downside to the cooler is the friction fit lid, which can be a bit difficult to close securely, especially when the cooler is fully loaded. We also found that the size and weight of the cooler made it a bit cumbersome to transport, especially when we were hiking or backpacking.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Coleman 316 Series Insulated Portable Cooler to anyone looking for a high-capacity cooler that can keep their drinks and food cold for several days. Just be prepared for the size and weight of the cooler, and make sure to secure the lid tightly before transporting it.
When it comes to choosing the best cooler for camping, there are several features that you should consider. Here are some factors to keep in mind when making your decision:
Size and Capacity
The size and capacity of the cooler are important factors to consider. You want a cooler that is large enough to hold all of your food and drinks, but not so large that it is difficult to transport. Consider the number of people in your group and the length of your camping trip when choosing a cooler size.
Insulation is critical for keeping your food and drinks cold. Look for a cooler with thick walls and a tight-fitting lid. Some coolers also feature additional insulation in the lid and base for added cooling power.
A camping cooler should be able to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. Look for coolers made from high-quality materials that are resistant to scratches, dents, and other damage. Some coolers also feature reinforced corners and hinges for added durability.
A portable cooler is essential for camping trips. Look for coolers with sturdy handles or straps for easy carrying. Some coolers also feature wheels for added convenience.
Some coolers come with additional features that can make your camping trip more enjoyable. Look for coolers with built-in bottle openers, cup holders, and other convenient features.
In summary, when choosing the best cooler for camping, consider factors such as size and capacity, insulation, durability, portability, and additional features. By keeping these factors in mind, you can find a cooler that will keep your food and drinks cold and make your camping trip more enjoyable.
Check Out Our Article Tent Camping Ultimate Guide for Beginners