Kam Jam was invented and packaged as recently as 2006. So the game has been around for a while but isn’t a game that’s seen a century of gameplay. It’s still in its infancy.
How to Play Kan Jam
To play Kan Jam, first set up the Kans about 50 feet apart or less depending on the gameplay area. Choose two teams with 2 players per team. Teams will draw straws or flip a coin to see who goes first.
One team partner will stand behind their own Kan to throw the Kan Jam disc and the other team partner will stand behind their opposing team’s Kan to act as a deflector.
During each team turn, each team player alternates with their partner to be a thrower or a deflector. After both partners complete one throw each, the disc is passed to the opposing team. The opposing team throws their two throws alternating their partners as thrower and deflector.
The game continues until one team scores 21 points. If the two teams tie, then the teams play an overtime round and overtime rounds continue until the tie is broken.
Read More OutdoorGoodness Articles:
To pack up the game after play, just disassemble the Kans and store the Kans and Disc in the storage sack.
Benefits to playing Kan Jam
There are many benefits of playing Kan Jam including:
- Kan Jam is fast paced, exciting and fun but anyone can play. It doesn’t take any experience to play. Just jump right in and play
- It’s both fun to play and also fun to watch so all of your guests are entertained. Choose new team players after each game to keep the fun going
- This game offers healthy exercise and can be played minimizing contact between players
- The game is very portable and can be set up almost anywhere
- The game is manufactured in the US but distributed to the entire world
- You can buy the Kans with your favorite team logos including NFL, MLB, and College teams
Kan Jam can be played as a normal backyard game, as a drinking game, or in league play such as the Kan Jam World League.
Need Rules For Games?
If you want to play more games. We probably have the rules for the game.
Game Rules [Rules & Instructions]
In order to play Kan Jam, you will need the following items:
– Two Kan Jams (one for each team)
– Four players (two per team)
– Two Frisbees
Here is a pdf version of the rules from Kan Jam
To set up the game, each team should stand at opposite ends of the playing area. Choose two teams to play the game. Each team lines up behind their Kans. Setup your Kans 50 feet apart opposite one another team. The playing area can be any size, but it should be large enough so that players have plenty of room to move around.
Each team should place their Kan Jam at the edge of their playing area, and then each player should take a Frisbee. The game is now ready to begin!
How To Play Kan Jam
The object of the game is to score points by throwing your Frisbee into your opponent’s Kan Jam. Your partner can assist your throws.
To play Kan Jam, the object of the game is to score points by throwing your Frisbee into your opponent’s Kan Jam. Players can score points in one of two ways:
- If a player throws the Frisbee and it goes into the Kan Jam without being touched by another player, this is called an “air shot” and is worth three points.
- If a player throws the Frisbee and it is caught by another player before going into the Kan Jam, this is called a “catch” and is worth one point.
The team that scores exactly 21 or hits the instant win slot wins the game.
If there is a tie, the winner is decided by an overtime round of KanJam. Each team will compete for a round of KanJam and the team with the most points will win the game. Overtime will continue until the tie has been broken.
Now that you know how to play Kan Jam, here are some tips on how to improve your gameplay:
- Practice your aim! The more you practice throwing the Frisbee, the better your aim will become.
- Work on your coordination with your partner. The better you coordinate with each other, the more likely you are to score points.
- Be aware of where the other team is at all times. If you know where they are, you can better anticipate their next move and be ready to defend your Kan Jam.
Conclusion To How To Play Kan Jam
We hope you enjoyed this article on how to play Kan Jam. Now go out and have some fun!
Be sure to check out our other articles for more information on how to improve your skills at a variety of games. Thanks for reading!