Outdoor activities are all about planning and executing recreation cool things in the great outdoors in a mostly natural setting. Just think of all the fun that you will have. You can participate in outdoor activities either by yourself or with friends or fellow co-workers. There is no limit to the number of outdoor activities, fun things, and locations that you can go to have a great time. If you want to find more outdoor activities for adults near me then Google “outdoor activities near me for adults”.
If you’re looking for adventurous fun things and activities for adults, spending time in the great outdoors is a great option. From hiking to camping to bird watching, there are many cool things and ways to explore and connect with nature.
LOOKING FOR MORE OUTDOOR GAMES?
Check out our article Outdoor Games Guide
If you want to know more about the many fun outdoor activities and varied types of outdoor activities, then follow along with us. We will give you a little background on why outdoor activities are essential for you and 20 activities and fun things for adults that you should try today. Think of all the fun!
A fun article on the Top 41 Outdoor Adventure Bucket List Ideas
22 Outdoor Activities that you should try today – Outdoor Activities Examples
- Take your coffee break outside- Studies show that those who take their coffee break out in nature fare better than those who stay inside. Not only does caffeine have a more significant effect on the human body, but doing nature-based activities for adults and taking in the fresh air stimulates creativity. This one can be done without a lot of exertion but can benefit your mental health.
- Take Up Archery In Your Backyard– Archery is one of the most relaxing and meditative sports that you can participate in. You can shoot arrows with friends, family, and co-workers. You can play just about anywhere outdoors but you can play in many places indoors too.
- Visit a local park- Parks are great because they give you a sense of community. Not only do you enjoy being outside, but you have the potential to meet new people. Parks often host events for all ages, so you could definitely have some fun! Maybe you can organize a contest for best creative mud pies. The local park may even offer horseback riding. Horseback riding is a great activity if they offer it.
- Find hiking trails- Hiking is a great way to go on a bit of adventure with outdoor activities for adults while getting some exercise at the same time. It can even be something as simple as going for a walk in your neighborhood or nature hiking trails. You’ll be out in the fresh air with plenty of time to think about your day or plan your next adventure! There are plenty of nature hiking trails that cater to all ages. However, it’s essential to research the route beforehand. Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate hiker, your body will get some great exercise while enjoying the scenery. You can also use this time to bond with friends, which always makes for better times!
- Camping under the stars- If your idea of enjoying the outdoors includes being surrounded by nature, then camping is for you! Find a close-by campsite and set up camp. Add fire to keep you warm at night, roast some marshmallows, and just enjoy the open skies.
- Take up a hobby- Many adults avoid hobbies because they don’t have the time or space. However, there are plenty of hobbies that allow for both! Gardening is one of them! Not only does it get you outside, but it will enable you to teach others through gardening workshops and community gardening. Can’t garden? How about photography? Photography can also be a community-based hobby and offers many travel opportunities. Maybe learn to compete with a hula hoop in a hula hoop contest. Come up with your own creative outdoor activities for adults.
- Learn how to fish- Fishing can be done either in a lake or river, and it’s something you can do alone or with friends and family. You can learn from a book or hire a local fisherman to teach you the basics if you don’t already know how to do it. Not only does fishing make for great fun, but it’s also good for your health.
- Try orienteering- Orienteering is a great activity that can allow you to get outside with your family or friends, as well as exercise. This activity combines many other outdoor activities into one. Not only will you enjoy the scenery, but it will make you think! If you’re looking for a new way to exercise, then orienteering should be on the top of your list.
- Go on a picnic- Picnics are always a favorite for people of all ages. You can throw together some food and take it up to the park to enjoy the scenic views with a few friends. A picnic is another great opportunity to get outside with friends and family. It’s just as much about catching up with loved ones as it is about eating outdoors. Bring along a bottle of your favorite wine or spirits. It’s all about enjoying life!
- Check out a local farmer’s market- Farmer’s markets are a great way to get out into the community and try something new. Plus, there are some great social opportunities that come with this. Start your own booth and sell locally produced items. If you have the space at home, you can plant your own garden or even raise a few chickens for their eggs! You know just what to do!
- Incorporate vertical spaces- Go climbing! Not only is it a fun sport that requires both teamwork and individual effort, but it also takes you outside! It’s another way to bond with people while enjoying nature. Sometimes climbing is like moving around an obstacle course using your problem solving skills.
- Enjoy some star gazing- Stargazing is a great activity that can be done alone or with friends. While you’re out, make sure that you look up at the stars and take a moment to see what all is out there. There are also many facilities in the area that host star gazing nights, so you could always check out one of these if you’re interested in continuing your time outdoors. You might even enjoy purchasing a telescope and bringing the stars in for a closer look.
- Have an outdoor barbecue- Barbecues are another excellent opportunity to get outside and spend some time with friends or family. You can grill some food, toss a few salads together, and grab some sangria or beer for everyone to enjoy! The best part is that it’s so different from your everyday routine! Maybe add a scavenger hunt in your backyard or hang up some bird feeders for your guests to observe local birds. Maybe just play frisbee golf.
- Plan a trip to the mountains- A trip to the mountains is a great way to get away from your everyday grind. You can explore nature, hike, take photos, or even go snowboarding. There are plenty of things to do outdoors in the mountains. Breathe that fresh mountain air! Spend Just a few hours in the mountains and you will be glad you did.
- Plan an outdoor vacation with friends- An outdoor vacation is a great way to enjoy the beach or go camping without having to stress out about work. Plus, you’ll be able to reconnect with old friends or catch up with new friends! Just remember to pack sunscreen.
- Try gardening- Gardening is a great way to grow your own food while getting outside and spending time with those around you. If you don’t have space at home, you can also plant food on someone else’s property and share the harvest!
- Put together an outdoor game night- An outdoor game night is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with friends. Whether you play classic games like “Foosball” or more modern games like “Beer Pong,” you’ll be sure to have a great time! Don’t forget the giant Jenga pieces.
- Visit a pond- You don’t need to live in a big metropolitan area to enjoy nature. Many ponds are in your backyard, so go out and check one out! They are great opportunities to get some exercise, relax, and enjoy the scenery. If you go with family or friends, you can also bond over the water! Take a dip in the pond or float paper boats. It will make you feel young again.
- Clean up litter- Littering doesn’t just affect the environment, but it also has an effect on our wildlife. Helping make the world a better place helps develop your inner child and realize your own importance! Many organizations participate in litter clean-up along freeways.
- Plan an event outside- Whether it’s an outdoor party or a team-building activity, planning an event outside is a great way to get out of the house and enjoy nature with your work colleagues. Plus, you already know that nature makes you happy! You don’t have to spend too long outside, maybe just a few hours.
- Adopt a pet from an animal shelter- Animals have a way of making you happy. It really doesn’t matter if you’re a kid or an adult; the love that animals show is something we can all share in. Helping the helpless is another way to get outside and enjoy nature. Take your pet on a long walk and let them explore nature too.
- Start a scavenger hunt. You can plan various locations all over town or out in the woods. Make it fun and don’t get anyone hurt.
A long list of outdoor activities – Recreational Activities For Adults
- Flag Football
- bicycle riding
- Trail running
- Horse Basketball
- Scavenger hunt
- Bird/Wildlife Watching
- Ice Skating
- Walking the dog
- Disc Golf
- Horseback riding
Additional outdoor activities articles to read
You will absolutely love our Ultimate Guides for various outdoor activities. We have plenty of fun outdoor activities for adults of every kind, shape and happiness level. These Ultimate Guides cover camping, hiking, and orienteering if you’d like a place to start:
- Archery For Beginners [Guide]
- 40 Adult Fall Outdoor Activities
- 40 Fun Adult Christmas Holiday Outdoor Activities
- Recreational Activities For Adults
- Top 20 Water Sports And Water Activities
- 13 Popular Adult Outdoor Leisure Activities
- What Are 11 Fun Adult Nighttime Outdoor Activities?
- The Camping Ultimate Guide
- The Orienteering Ultimate Guide
- The Outdoor Navigation Ultimate Guide
Nature has a way of making us happy. It doesn’t matter what activity you do or how often you do it; nature is an exciting place for everyone. If you’re looking for new ways to enjoy the outdoors, these activities will give you new perspectives on life that are sure to make your day better. Of course, it helps if you have the right equipment for your next outdoor adventure.
Sitting outside isn’t exactly the best way to enjoy nature. However, if you’ve got a comfy chair to relax in or a hammock to lie in, then you’ll feel like nature is taking care of you! What better way to enjoy the summer than relaxing under the shade of your favorite tree? Get rid of the stress.
Now get out there and try at least one of these outdoor activities today. Invite your family, friends, and co-workers with you on your next adventure. Then enjoy a ton of outdoor games in the great outdoors.